SBC SignWorks How To Submit Artwork
You may download these guidelines in Adobe Acrobat PDF format here.
Artwork for Print
• AI - Adobe Illustrator CS2 or earlier (Fonts expanded or converted to outlines)
• EPS - with all fonts converted to curves and using embedded or linked bitmaps
• CDR - Corel Draw 13 or earlier (Fonts converted to curves)
• Macromedia Freehand MX or earlier (Fonts converted to paths)
• PSD* - Photoshop CS2 or earlier (fonts rasterized, keep layers)
• JPG* - Very little or no compression
• PDF* - Adobe Acrobat (Please use 'Press Quality' settings)
* Editing, if possible, is more difficult with these formats. PSD, TIF & JPG need be 150dpi or greater, 75dpi or greater for large format.
All files should be CMYK and/or PMS (Pantone Matching System) spot colors. Please bear in mind that drop shadows or transparency rendered over PMS colors convert the area below them to CMYK while the rest of the spot color stays a spot color making the color inconsistent. (In other words, if you want a drop shadow, don't place it over a spot, place it over CMYK and it will print fine. This is a postscript limitation and we are powerless to change it until Adobe possibly updates it in Postscript 4.) Should you need a drop shadow then please convert your underlying PMS to CMYK.
We are working on RGB profiling but it is not yet complete so we cannot guarantee consistency (or at times even color) using RGB elements. These guidelines will be updated when the profiling is complete.
When linking or embedding files please adhere to the 150dpi minimum for poster sizes and 75dpi for large format prints up to 8'. Files over 8' such as truck side graphics should be provided around 50dpi or the best resolution you have access to. Please submit only CMYK files. JPG compression less than 65% quality may show visible artefacting. Bitmaps need not be greater than 300dpi. Should changes be necessary you will be requested to submit modified artwork. If we are required to modify your artwork our design fee is $65/hour and font information may be requested.
CMYKcm printing has a wider color gamut than conventional CMYK offset printing but some colors are still unobtainable. We strive to maximize our color output but may not be able to produce your color exactly. Should you have specific color concerns please ask to proof you color prior to production.
Artwork for Cutting to Shape
• Adobe Illustrator CS or earlier (Fonts converted to outlines, no bitmaps)
• Corel Draw 12 or earlier (Fonts converted to curves, no bitmaps)
• Macromedia Freehand MX or earlier (Fonts converted to paths, no bitmaps)
• EPS with all fonts converted appropriately and no bitmaps
Files for cutting need to be vector artwork only (lines and curves, not bitmaps or photos). Colors should be represented correctly in either RGB or CMYK but specific colors need to be determined using vinyl or paint color charts. PMS numbers are helpful but vinyl and paint cannot always properly represent the colors so a closest match needs to be determined. We can assist you with color choices.
• E-Mail (Files under 20 meg)
• CD (Prefer PC format on CD or DVD)
• Compact Flash, Memory Stick, USB tag, etc.
Contact info can be found here. Please include your contact information with all correspondence.